[Baypiggies] Chompapps Position - from Issue 31

Jeremy Fishman jeremy.r.fishman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 02:28:24 CET 2009

fyi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_Discrimination_in_Employment_Act

The ADEA includes a broad ban against age discrimination and also
specifically prohibits:

   - Discrimination in hiring, promotions, wages, or firing/layoff.
   - Statements or specifications in job notices or advertisements of age
   preference and limitations

[...]

The ADEA differs from the Civil Rights Act in that the ADEA applies to
employers of 20 or more employees (see 29
U.S.C.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_29_of_the_United_States_Code>
 § 630(b) <http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/29/630%28b%29.html>) rather
than 15 or more employees, thus providing less protection. Both acts do,
however, only apply to employers in industries affecting interstate
commerce. The 20 employees can include overseas employees Morelli v. Cedel
(2nd Cir. 1998) 141 F3d 39,
45<http://finduslaw.com/morelli_v_cedel_2nd_cir_1998_141_f3d_39_45>
.

Not sure how that might/might not apply to you, but I would be more
careful.  It's also just plain insulting to some.

  - Jeremy