[Baypiggies] New to the list...

Nick Stinemates nick at stinemates.org
Tue Oct 27 05:23:38 CET 2009

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Professionally I manage a group of 5 QA Engineers.

Prior to that I was the Automation Lead at the same company where I developed test harnesses and automation
tools for our products. The framework (aptly named ARF [automated regression framework]) houses over 20,000 automated test cases which get executed and reported
on every build. Abilities include things like basic functional tests, integration tests, web service tests, performance/load/scalability tests (to measure the
effect a commit had on specific portions of the product,) etc. It wraps the results up in a pretty report and creates a web based dashboard for everyone to see.

Now that the foundation has been created, I mentor and assist my team in leveraging it to achieve their testing goals.

In my spare time I try to contribute to the #python IRC channel, and am just now getting in to mailing lists. Also wouldn't mind finding some open source
projects, but haven't found a python utility that I use often.

What about you?