[Baypiggies] Python Frameworks

Donna Snow donnamsnow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 18:12:07 CET 2009

It's funny how no one ever mentions Plone LOL It's been around for nearly 10
years now - even I'm not using it as much lately- but it's not well known
even though it's used by NASA, CIA, Akamai, Discover Magazine and bunches of
Universities.

I've formed a group called ZPUG Valley that will focus on python frameworks.
We meet at the Hacker Dojo in Mountain View once a month and will be
covering Zope, Repoze.bfg, Pylons, Grok, TurboGears, Plone, Twisted, Django,
etc etc. Anything that is a python based web framework. Although I
personally have a preference for Plone because I've been working with it so
long but there are some awesome wsgi based python implementations that I'm
also highly interested in  (repoze.bfg being one of them)

Our next meeting is November 4, 2009

http://www.meetup.com/ZPUG-Valley

It's a Django talk by one of the core Django guys

We are just forming so regular meeting dates haven't been established.

RSVP if you think you can make it :-)

BTW, if you haven't already done it drop by the Hacker Dojo for a
visit/tour. Great, interesting group of people! I volunteer on Wednesday and
Friday all day and Charles Merriam is there beginning of the week usually.
It is busiest in the evening. Free wifi and we have coffee too!

Donna 'SnowWrite' Snow
card.ly/snowwrite

Principal, C Squared Enterprises
illuminating your path to Open Source