[Baypiggies] Chompapps Position - from Issue 31

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Oct 27 17:25:03 CET 2009

Paul McNett <p at ulmcnett.com> wrote:

> Jeremy Fishman wrote:
> > Not sure how that might/might not apply to you, but I would be more
> > careful.  It's also just plain insulting to some.
>
> Indeed. I was insulted by the "young" and put off by the
> "aggressive". What happens when you put several aggressive types in a
> pit together? Aggression is to be avoided or circumvented at all
> costs, in my book!
>
> Good luck finding young aggressive python coders that are also smart.

Maybe they're taking success advice from Mark Zuckerberg:

“I want to stress the importance of being young and technical,” he
stated. If you want to found a successful company, you should only hire
young people with technical expertise.

“Young people are just smarter,” he said with a straight face. “Why are
most chess masters under 30?” he asked. “I don’t know,” he
answered. “Young people just have simpler lives. We may not own a
car. We may not have family.” In the absence of those distractions, he
says, you can focus on big ideologies. He added, “I only own a
mattress.” Later: “Simplicity in life allows you to focus on what’s
important.”

http://venturebeat.com/2007/03/26/start-up-advice-for-entrepreneurs-from-y-combinator-startup-school/

Bill