[Baypiggies] Chompapps Position - from Issue 31

RYAN DELUCCHI bender at onsrc.com
Thu Oct 29 16:40:47 CET 2009

And I know a guy who is in his 50's and is one of the most brilliant
programmers I have met.  Drawing on past experience is a *big* part of
it know doubt.  Seeing patterns (and anti-patterns) in the barrage of
programming problems that folks like us face ... but over a span of
many decades ... gives one a power that can be tough to comprehend.

I'm approaching 30 now and I can tell you from personal experience
that the "everything goes downhill from 22" rule of thumb is complete
B.S.  Just to point out an extreme counter example:  what about Donald
Knuth?  He is pretty far up there in his years and I don't know a
single person (including folks that are my age or even younger) who
can read one of his books cover-to-cover and truly "get it".

Ryan