[Baypiggies] Slightly OT: *lightweight* Javascript frameworks?

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 05:45:41 CEST 2010

Hey all,

Very slightly OT -- hope you'll bear with me. I really enjoyed the discussion on
here a few months back about client-side web applications and comparisons of
various frameworks. I was wondering if I might be able to leverage some of that
knowledge base and kick off an interesting discussion at the same time.

A client of mine is looking to add Javascript effects, transitions, and AJAX
functionality to their web application. The kicker? It's a mobile-oriented web
app -- so small code size is key. Even minified and gzipped, most of the popular
frameworks are pretty heavy from that point of view. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Rami Chowdhury
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available."
-- Benford's Law of Controversy
408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 01819-245544 (BD)