[Baypiggies] Freebase meetup/bootcamp Wednesday 4/14 W

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Fri Apr 9 20:11:42 CEST 2010

Some of you may have heard of freebase.com - basically a giant open (CC-BY)
database with a public API with supports for very deep queries (i.e. complex
joins in the SQL world, but we're not SQL)

We're a big python shop, and have a python library for accessing the RESTful
API that I maintain at http://code.google.com/p/freebase-python/

I'm giving a "bootcamp" on MQL (our query language used in the API)  at this
month's meetup in San Francisco...

Anyway, just thought there might be some Baypiggies overlap, and the MQL
bootcamp should be a great introduction for folks who've never used it, or
only used it a little bit.

If this sounds interesting, please drop by (and RSVP so you can get in the
building....)

http://www.meetup.com/sf-freebase/calendar/12845548/

Also, if you've heard any noise about Gridworks (
http://blog.freebase.com/2010/03/26/preview-freebase-gridworks/) one of the
authors will be demoing that as well - a really amazing project, though not
specifically python related.

Alec