[Baypiggies] useful article regarding extending existing software

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 10:40:43 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
> http://www.embeddedtechmag.com/component/content/article/7542
>
>   Software Of Unknown Pedigree is legacy software
> the design of which is not easily determined. this
> article explores the problem facing those who are
> charged with coding improvements (new features,
> performance...) to such legacy code.

I think that article is very helpful for dealing with SOUP (Software
Of Unknown Pedigree) code, but I'm not at all convinced it's suitable
for dealing with CRAP (Cantankerous and Really Asinine Python) code ;)

-jj

--
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things
with great love. -- Mother Teresa