[Baypiggies] Python 2.6 build on a Debian box; batteries not included??

Tung Wai Yip tungwaiyip at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 07:12:54 CEST 2010

Thank you for all the information. I'm rather uninitiated with Debian. But
I finally managed to get Python 2.6 setup with these steps:

1. The python2.6 package is available in squeeze, the next release of
Debian (I'm on lenny). It order to access it, backup and edit
/etc/apt/sources.list. Add the last 2 lines.

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib