[Baypiggies] BayPIGgies and Open Source (was: Complimentary class on SPM.Python)

Tony Cappellini tony at tcapp.com
Thu Aug 5 15:40:12 CEST 2010

> Part of the reason I haven't offered to repeat my OSCON talk about the
> work I'm doing at egnyte.com is because I think that BayPIGgies should
> have a strong bias in favor of Open Source because Python itself is Open
> Source.

-1

> What do other people think?  Did people who attended the meetings about
> SPM feel that they got enough technical value even if they never use SPM?

The presentation on SPM was interesting enough for me, even though I
don't see an immediate need for it in my day-day work.

Whether the topic is Open Source or not should not have any bearing on
presentations at BayPiggies.
This has never been a requirement in the past, and should not be one now.

We are always struggling to get people to do presentations,

Any topic with some Python-relevance is just fine with me, adding
additional criteria on top of that
would make it even more difficult.

On that note- I recently became aware of yet another commercial Python
Debugger, and have invited this company to do
a presentation on this product. Unfortunately, their office in the Bay
Area does not have a technical person.

Because we were struggling to find presenters recently, I told Jim I
would do a presentation on Wing IDE,
yet another commercial product.