[Baypiggies] Back-end Perl/Python Developer

James Williams jwilliams at pictopia.com
Thu Aug 5 20:17:43 CEST 2010

Position: Back-end Developer

engineer to help maintain and evolve our ecommerce and photo
fulfillment systems. You will primarily be working with Perl, Python,
and MySQL, but knowledge of many other technologies is useful.
Operations span image production, transaction processing, database
management, system administration and a host of other tasks.

Responsibilities:
• Application changes
• Develop tools to better support Account Executives, Customer
Service, and other developers
• Create/utilize tools to monitor system and application processes
• Assist with Linux, Apache, and MySQL administration and
troubleshooting

Required Skills:
• Perl (this may be flexible based on your other proficiencies)
• Python and knowledge of a Python-based MVC framework (optimally
Django 1.x)
• MySQL
• 2 years minimum real world experience engineering web solutions for
LAMP stacks
• Practical experience developing in a *nix environment
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and communication skills

Additional skills:
• XSLT
• XML
• Javascript
• Experience with Apache configuration
• Linux system administration
• Database administration (preferably MySQL)

This is a high-visibility position within a very small team, and the
ideal candidate will be a dedicated, hands on professional who can
take ownership of tasks with minimal oversight. We value positive
attitudes and professionals who can successfully navigate through
ambiguous and challenging situations. Candidates are required to be on-
site in our Emeryville offices, as there is a high degree of
interaction between all parts of the business.

We offer an exciting and unique opportunity for the ambitious
developer who wants to play a large part in one of the net’s next e-
commerce sensations!

TO APPLY: email resume and cover letter to hr6 {@} pictopia.com. No
recruiters or phone calls please.