[Baypiggies] Death of IronPython?

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Sun Aug 8 20:46:40 CEST 2010

At 03:04 PM 8/7/2010, you wrote:
>http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2010/08/start-spreading-news-future-of-jimmy.html

A shame but only after a fashion.  I tried Iron Python + Visual
Studio.  The promise of this combo to me is that GUI interfaces could
be created visually and then implemented by Python code.

Well, yes, ok.  But the class implementing the GUI was effectively
STATIC.  I could not define class variables or methods.  IIRC, the
static limitation ruled out spawning worker threads that were
dynamic.  I stopped looking at Iron Python about a year ago.  I also
gave up on Visual Studio at the same time.

C Python works just fine and without dynamic Visual Studio
integration, I didn't see any advantage to Iron Python.  I understand
that running under the .NET CLR is a difference over native Windows
API via ctypes.  For me, that difference is not an advantage but
merely a difference.

Dennis