[Baypiggies] Death of IronPython?

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Mon Aug 9 00:00:47 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Dennis Reinhardt <DennisR at dair.com> wrote:
> At 03:04 PM 8/7/2010, you wrote:
>>

>> http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2010/08/start-spreading-news-future-of-jimmy.html
>
> A shame but only after a fashion.  I tried Iron Python + Visual Studio.  The
> promise of this combo to me is that GUI interfaces could be created visually
> and then implemented by Python code.

This can be done, cross-platform, with Qt (though I don't know of an
IDE that supports both Qt visual GUI design and Python development --
but then I'm NOT an IDE person, so the fact that I don't know of one
doesn't mean there aren't several;-)... and with PySide you now have a
pretty liberal OS license on your work (PyQt itself is still "GPL or
pay").  I'd be surprised if by now PyGtk and wxPython weren't at
feature parity with Qt on this subject.

Alex