[Baypiggies] Egnyte: junior desktop dev

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Dec 1 00:06:45 CET 2010

I just found out my bosses posted an ad to Craigslist without telling
me; I'm reposting here in case anyone looking for a job isn't monitoring
Craigslist.  ;-)  Feel free to ask me questions, but please send resumes
to the following address and mention BayPIGgies.  We're located in
Mountain View near 101 and Shoreline.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/sof/2053182125.html
job-mkehu-2053182125 at craigslist.org

Egnyte, the hybrid cloud storage company, is looking for a junior
software engineer to join the desktop client team.  The client runs on
Windows and Macintosh computers.  Most of the client UI is available
through a web interface, served by a CherryPy application running on the
desktop.  Your job will include improving both the native desktop
experience as well as the web UI, work on the installers on both
platforms, and generally troubleshoot and fix issues.

Requirements:
===========
* 1-2 years of programming experience with personal projects or work
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Object Oriented programming e.g. Python, Ruby, JavaScript, Java, etc

Useful to have experience in:
* Python
* CherryPy or other web frameworks
* Windows and Macintosh desktop application development
* Tech support or QA
* Linux and other Open Source technologies

"Think of it as evolution in action."  --Tony Rand