[Baypiggies] Looking for systems engineer with Python/Java expertise

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Dec 8 02:46:08 CET 2010

Hi!

I thought I'd point out that my group at PARC -- the Knowledge,
Language, and Interactions research area in the Intelligent Systems Lab
-- has an opening for a Python-savvy systems guy.  We're looking at
large-scale cloud-style deployment of some of our systems.  They tend to
be tricky; for instance, the UpLib system (http://uplib.parc.com/) is a
Python service that runs Java in the same process, courtesy of PyLucene.
So, to work on it, you need some experience of both Python servers and
Java servers.  If you feel that you could get it running on, say,
Windows Azure, as well, that's the kind of person we're looking for.

If you're confident you can hack anything that's Python/Java, and build
scalable systems (millions of users), you might want to take a look at
the posting.

http://www.parc.com/job/155/member-of-research-staff-ii---intelligent-systems.html

Please apply using the on-line form on that page -- not to me.

Bill