[Baypiggies] hardware question

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 09:21:38 CET 2010

Vikram,

The Berkeley scientific computing people use scientific Python on Macs a lot without complaint, suggest you ask them:
https://cirl.berkeley.edu/view/Py4Science

Python(x,y) distribution probably has most of the scientific packages you need:
http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/wiki/StandardPlugins
however it currently has no Mac distribution (Windows + Linux) but the maintainer would love to find such a volunteer:
http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/issues/detail?id=90

Regards,
Stephen

>Subject: [Baypiggies] hardware question
>
>Recently i got funding to buy a new laptop. The choice is between Apple (which i have never ever used),  or HP/Dell.
>
>Since
 most of my computational work will be using python i wanted to ask
others on this forum about whether there would be any compatibility
issues with using the various python libraries (matplotlib, scipy,
numpy, Biopython, etc.) when using Python on the Mac.