[Baypiggies] Web Crawler/Backend Engineer - San Francisco, CA

Crshonda Williams crshonda at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:17:57 CET 2010

Please send resumes to:  crshonda at chompapps.com
Crawler/Backend  Engineer
San Francisco, CA

Chomp is seeking an experienced backend engineer to take ownership of our crawling and search engine components. We're ideally looking for someone with experience at a search company, although this isn't essential. We're looking for a regex and scripting wizard with experience building multi-threaded applications. You'll also be in charge of our search indexing and ranking algorithms, so this is very much an all-rounder position. The right candidate will be excited by that rather than intimidated.
Check us out here: www.chompapps.com

- Chomp is an exciting new mobile start-up, funded by top Silicon Valley investors & working on the biggest mobile problem the world faces today.
- We are engineers, smart & aggressive... & have built and sold companies in the mobile space previously.
- Will be working with an extremely small team & will get in on this opportunity early!
- Smart, hungry and ready to make your mark. It would be a plus if you have a good sense of humor too. :-)
- Prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed.  - Passionate about building products that blow people away.

- Take ownership of the search components of our backend infrastructure - in particular our crawler and ranking algorithm.
- Write and maintain high quality, scalable, unit tested code.
- Be involved in QA testing.

- Strong Python skills. Experience with building multi-threaded applications in Python
- Strong MySQL skills, including both query and database design.
- Backend experience at a search company is highly desired.
- Experience with open source search engine libraries such as Lucene or Sphinx highly desired.

- Experience with distributed version control, preferably Git.