[Baypiggies] Web Crawler/Backend Engineer - San Francisco, CA

Jeff Kunce jjkunce at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:50:29 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> wrote:
> I'm perhaps one of the last users of Medusa, which is based on the

Hardly :)  How about anyone running the built-in webserver in Plone/Zope!

Actually, I'm wondering about the scope of the original question about
an event-based framework:
 - Just wanting objects to communicate with events? Something simple
like circuits is good.
 - async IO? asyncore, medusa et al are tried and true
 - A comprehensive framework with everything included (even peanut
butter and jelly)? Twisted

The scope really matters.  If you just want to send simple events
between objects in your app, you could write your own circuits-like
framework before you could even figure out how to read the
documentation for Twisted.

  -- Jeff