[Baypiggies] JOB OPENING: PART TIME PYTHON/WEB SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Josh Begley josh at engagementlab.org
Wed Feb 10 01:24:19 CET 2010

JOB OPENING: PART TIME PYTHON/WEB SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Organizational Overview

Citizen Engagement Laboratory (CEL) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan
organization that inspires citizen engagement through digital media
and technology.  We do this by managing campaigns, producing videos
and other media, and developing software.

Job Description

Most of what we do centers around online advocacy, and we roll a lot
of our own stuff to get the job done.  We do most of our work in
Python with the Django framework. We're looking for someone with
Python experience and some background doing Django work to do things
like:

* Implementation of campaign web sites, specifically back-end development
* Custom development to support campaign work
* Running database queries, reports for staff and other organizations

We anticipate 15-20 hours per week, possibly more if desired.  Time
flexibility is essential, as campaigns can require intensive work at
night. The position will be compensated on an hourly basis, with rate
depending on experience.

Qualifications

* General development background and knowledge
* Strong python background
* Experience / knowledge of Django
* General web development skills: HTML, CSS, Javascript (we mostly use jQuery)
* General knowledge of Unix systems, Apache, etc.  (we use Ubuntu GNU/Linux)
* General knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL / MySQL)

Application

Interested applicants should email jobs at engagementlab.org with a
resume and cover letter explaining why you are the right one for the
job.  Location in SF Bay Area is preferred.

Applications will be accepted until Feb. 12, 2010.