[Baypiggies] Salary ranges

Seth Friedman sfseth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:33:54 CET 2010

My first reaction to salary ranges this wide are that the people doing the
hiring are not practicing the most critical thinking ever carried out.

With quite a bit of experience on both sides of this equation, $50k in san
francisco is an entry level computer enthusiast with a high school degree,
customer support role.  If someone took a job with any substantial
professional experience in programming for $50k in SF here, I would be
suspicious about them.

And no, I don't believe those salary statistics sites until they are
transparent about their data sources / methodology.

~seth