[Baypiggies] Resizing an image?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Feb 16 23:30:48 CET 2010

In article <B5B84015-11EA-4CF8-A8DF-D43E0793DBA3 at zachary.com>,
 David Creemer <david at zachary.com> wrote:

> After struggling with PIL on Mac OS X for a while, I found the most reliable
> way to develop against it is to install a "headless" Linux instance under
> VirtualBox and sshfs-mount a shared file-system between systems. I edit via
> Mac OS, but run under Linux. Sad but true. The added advantage for me was the
> production deployment target was also Linux.

Well, certainly YMMV.  There are other good reasons to use a virtual
Linux under OS X but just to use PIL should not be one of them.  It's
not *that* hard to get PIL working on OS X.  FWIW, I have it installed
using MacPorts on hardware ranging from a 10-year-old Macbook running
10.4 up to a current 10.6 iMac.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org