[Baypiggies] Resizing an image

David Creemer david at zachary.com
Wed Feb 17 10:14:06 CET 2010

Be sure to see PIL 1.1.7: http://hg.effbot.org/pil-117/

I'm using PIL 1.1.7 as part of a caching image proxy that needs to perform a variety of transformations of remote images. With 1.1.7 and some additions, I can now handle all image formats that matter to me. It handles interlaced PNGs, as well as a large variety of favicons (using this code: http://code.google.com/p/casadebender/wiki/Win32IconImagePlugin). The only image format not easily handled that I needed was SVG. For that, I use librsvg2 to render SVG to PNG. I originally built my project on ImageMagick / MagickWand, but eventually switched to PIL 1.1.7 due to it's cleaner interface, better docs, and more flexibility.

-- David