[Baypiggies] More dramatic material?

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:15:58 CET 2010

> >>One more thing: if you actually care about learning regex, you MUST
> >>purchase a copy of Friedl's _Mastering Regular Expressions_.

+100

If you're a casual user of regular expressions (1-2 times/year) , as I am,
and don't use them frequently enough to learn them well,
 this book may help you out in a pinch
http://www.baypiggies.net/index_html/user-group-association-program/BookReviews/regular-expressions-cookbook

A good regex debugger tool is also invaluable, so you can generate/test your
regular expression in a stand-alone environment.
(so you don't wait until your program is at the point of execution where the
regex is invoked)

I've used this one quite a bit, and it supports ~16 regular expression
flavors
http://www.regexbuddy.com/

Kodos is a regex debugger written in qt/Python, but I've had too many
problems with it and stopped using it.
It's not actively supported any more.