[Baypiggies] Job: Equipment Support Tech

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sat Jan 9 22:58:32 CET 2010

Equipment Support Tech

I need someone that will take over responsibility for maintaining the
equipment at my various customer sites.  You would become the third
member of my small company and would coordinate closely with the two of
us.  We do a lot with python, and although your skills with python are
not the primary job function, there will be plenty of exposure to
existing python glue that will need to be enhanced, maintained, or
tweaked to keep systems up and running.  During quiet times when all
systems are up and running you will likely be deploying python based
tools to monitor systems' health proactively.

You will need to have your own reliable transportation.  I currently
drive about 500 miles/week, and I expect you'll be doing about the same
and sometimes much more.  Locations currently include Watsonville, San
Jose, Mountain View, Fremont, Millbrae, Emeryville, San Ramon,
Sacramento, Petaluma, Sonoma, Sacramento, Fresno, Riverside and
Phoenix.  Each site consists minimally of a linux based firewall, main
linux application server, and client PCs, typically running Windows, and
printers shared to all.  Some sites have mulitple servers
(web,email,pcbackup,fax,etc) and as many as 80 client PCs.

There's a large assortment of equipment (CNC, RF handhelds, label
printers, timeclocks,etc) and technologies (30+ years of custom
solutions) deployed as I'm essentially the contracted IT department for
these companies.  You'll need to be sufficiently familiar and
comfortable diagnosing and fixing problems with linux, windows, vmware,
kvm, openvpn, iptables, cups, samba, laserjets, lineprinters,
networking, cron and scheduled tasks, ssh, vnc, command line tools,
bash, wsh, and more.  I once put a list together of 100 tech buzz words*
that I deal with weekly, so there's plenty of opportunity to get
involved with all sorts of things.

Your time will be re-billed, so diligent time keeping is required.  This
is a long term position (3+ years anyway) that I'd like to fill before
April and I expect to interview qualified prospects multiple times to
confirm capability and compatibility. Compensation open and competitive
based on experience.

Please email me off-list at job at salesinq.com if you're interested.
Please ask relevant questions on-list so others can benefit from the

Emile van Sebille
For this position please email job at salesinq.com

* Found the list:
activefax, apache, bash, bbx, bios, centOS, clam, CNC, courier, crontab,
css, cups, df, dhcp, django, dns, dom, DPL, dtml, du, Excel, expect,
ftp, gcode, ghostview, HPGL, html, IE, imap, ipadder, ipchains,
iptables, javascript, kvm, ldap, lightning, links, lpd, mailman,
mencoder, mnt, msched, msconfig, mysql, nat, nfs, nmap, OE, open office,
osx, outlook, pcanywhere, perl, php, PIL, plone, pop, POST, postgresql,
postscript, pro5, python, raid, rc.d, rdp, reportlab, redhat, rs232,
rsync, samba, scp, sendmail, smtp, spamd, spybot, sql, squid,
squidguard, squirrelmail, ssh, svn, tal, tales, tar, taskmgr, tcpdump,
thunderbird, up2date, vi, vmware, vnc, webmin, wget, wiki, win2k,
winpatrol, xpsp2, xxcopy, yum, zope, zwiki.