[Baypiggies] My search engine for Python source code

Purui Wang puruiw at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 01:05:57 CET 2010

The idea for this project is to find samples that google can't. I started this project after I spent a few days on looking for wxpython samples that no tutorial covers. I knew some other people must have done the thing I want. But I just couldn't find it.
Google code search use string match for code, which does not work well for OO languages. 'os.path.join' is a special case that string matching works. For many other cases, like '@'.join(...), or
f = wx.Frame(...)
f.SetFont(...)
The string matching way will fail, and google can't recognize this is a sample for wx.Frame.SetFont.
I wish my site can solve this problem.

- Purui