[Baypiggies] Job Fair for Geeks

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Jan 12 01:38:34 CET 2010

I admit that I only skimmed this. The only reason I'm forwarding it is
because I know several members of our community have been searching for work
and have commented on this.

It looks like there's a job fair:

10am-1pm: Hacker Dojo Job Fair @ The Hacker Dojo

Good luck everyone! I hope we all have the jobs of our dreams within the
year :)

Details follow:

Just like we did in 2009, the first SuperHappyDevHouse of 2010 is
going to be a blowout!

What can you look forward to? Check it:
* Tons of other creative and curious people like you
* A job fair at the Hacker Dojo before SHDH (details below)
* Sweet T-shirts designed by Rasteroids Design (rasteroids.com)
* A craft room
* A Microsoft Surface that you can load your code onto (details below)
* Someone on-site to help with Xbox game development (details below)
* Someone on-site to help you try out Azure
* Lightning Talks on a stage in an auditorium - it's time to show off
your cool hacks!
* A model living room where you can chill.
* Snacks and drinks all day.
* Beer and wine (Opt-in. You'll need to bring your ID and get a wristband)
* Dinner: Three types of sliders as well as vegan options (all the
more reason to RSVP!)
* Ben & Jerry's Sundae Bar

What can you bring?
* You, your laptop and your ideas
* Toys and gadgets, crafts and projects, books and manuals
* Your friends!

Here's the basic schedule:
10am-1pm: Hacker Dojo Job Fair @ The Hacker Dojo
1pm-6pm : Hacking + partying
6pm-7:30pm: Dinner (http://bit.ly/11ZYZ7)
8pm-9pm: Lightning Talks,
9pm-1am: Hacking + partying

Want to give a 5 minute Lightning Talk? Start here:
http://superhappydevhouse.org/LightningTalks

Post your name and plans for others to see on the wiki:
http://superhappydevhouse.org/SuperHappyDevHouse36
RSVP @ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=401533520044
RSVP @ Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/5035306

SuperHappyDevHouse is better with friends, and although we have lots
of friends for you to meet when you come, we encourage you to invite
your friends! People tell us all the time how great SHDH is, and how
much happier/smarter/sexier they are after starting to attend.
Wouldn't you like to be the one to introduce your friends to DevHouse?
They'll be like, "Oh my gosh, if it weren't for YOUR NAME HERE, I
wouldn't have been exposed to such an amazing life changing
experience. I'm going to remember YOUR NAME HERE when I'm rich and
famous from all the connections, knowledge and inspiration I found at
SuperHappyDevHouse!"

Want to know more? http://superhappydevhouse.org/HowToInviteFriends

We look forward to hacking with you!
DevHouse Crew

[ P.S. ]

Here are the details for some of the things you can look forward to at SHDH
36:

[ Hacker Dojo Job Fair ]

Are you looking for a job? We want to help you find work. Get up a
little earlier and go to the Hacker Dojo before SHDH 36!

The Hacker Dojo is putting on a "Hacker Fair", where the job seekers
are the ones giving demonstrations, and the recruiters are the ones
walking around. Recruiters will be present from over 40 local
companies.

Sound interesting?
Read the TechCrunch article:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/01/06/hacker-fair/
Or sign up here: http://hackerdojo.pbworks.com/Hacker-Dojo-Job-Fair

[ Microsoft Surface ]

Are you interested trying out some of your own code on a Surface?
We're going to have one at SHDH 36 for you to do so!
Here are some links so you can get started now:
* SDK:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3db8987b-47c8-46ca-aafb-9c3b36f43bcc
* Resources: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/Pages/Technical/Learn.aspx

[ Xbox game development ]

Are you interested in developing a game for the Xbox?
We are going to have 3 Xboxes available at SHDH 36 for doing
development. Come to SHDH with the following:
* Graphics and and idea for your game, so you can focus on coding at SHDH.
* XNA Game Studio 3.1
* Visual Studio 2008, if you have it
* If you don't have Visual Studio 2008, You can use Visual C# 2008
Express Edition

XNA Game Studio and Visual Studio C# 2008 can be downloaded for free
here: http://creators.xna.com/

[ P.P.S. ]

Our hosts have patched their systems to ignore unauthorized
regeneration commands from Soong-type androids. Thank you for your
concern.