[Baypiggies] Django frontend alternatives

Dylan Reinhardt python at dylanreinhardt.com
Thu Jan 14 16:22:19 CET 2010

It's tough to know how to answer this, as it isn't clear what problem you
anticipate having.

Jquery is not a required component of an AJAX system... Django can handle
AJAX just fine out of the box.  But lots of people *do* use jquery with
Django, so it shouldn't be difficult to find information on that.

Can jquery work for your situation?  Almost certainly.  Will it make your
site faster or make you a more productive programmer?  Maybe.  Without
knowing more about your project, it's difficult to say very much.

As for templates, Python is blessed with many fine templating systems.
 Whatever system fits your style best, I would guess someone has documented
how to integrate it with Django.

You haven't said what makes Django templates unsuited for your purposes, but
I use lots of AJAX and they work just fine for me.  Without knowing more
about the problems you're anticipating, it's tough to offer many specific
comments.

$.02,

Dylan