[Baypiggies] anyone tried moksha?

Drew Perttula drewp at bigasterisk.com
Sat Jan 16 21:00:53 CET 2010

On 01/12/2010 09:34 AM, Chris Lee-Messer wrote:
> I use django on a regular basis, but I try to watch for what else is
> going on In other frameworks. I was wondering if anyone has worked with
> Moksha. it is built in pylons/turbo gears2 and looks like a slick
> platform to do comet-style apps.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/moksha/

I recently chose just orbited (with stompservice, stomp.js) for adding
comet to my existing project. And I'm already writing half of this
project with twisted/nevow, so that should tell you something about my
eagerness to use nevow's comet system again. I used
http://cometdaily.com/2008/10/10/scalable-real-time-web-architecture-part-2-a-live-graph-with-orbited-morbidq-and-jsio/
as my initial guide. So far it's been super, for my needs.

Moksha looks like a pretty big chunk of extra integration-- it's unclear
whether one can use it to make anything that doesn't look just like
their demos (in terms of functionality, of course the styles can be
changed).

Stuff like this in the docs is a big turn off for me:

"Moksha also provides a simple yet powerful API for creating
DataStreamers that can do basically anything at anytime."

I already had the ability to do anything at anytime before I bought into
your framework!