[Baypiggies] Web-Based Internal Tools Software Developer at Slide in San Francisco, CA

David Pokorny pokorny at slide.com
Fri Jul 2 00:02:04 CEST 2010

Hello Pythonistas,

The Slide tools team is hiring!

This is a great chance to learn from the best in a supportive environment and
get a solid foundation in python development at a successful start-up. I am a
developer on the tools team and am happy to answer any questions you have
about Slide or the job.

--David

Slide builds engaging communities driven by user-created content. We aim to
empower virtual entrepreneurship by enabling thousands, if not millions, of
our users to build wealth through our products. We offer users virtual
"building blocks" with which to create their own amazing content to show off
to friends, or trade and sell with others in the community. We define true
success as our users becoming profitable.

Our portfolio of products include fun applications and virtual communities
such as Slideshow, SuperPoke!, SuperPoke! Pets, SPP! Ranch, Top Friends, and
FunSpace.

Slide was founded in 2005 by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin and is backed by
Mayfield Fund, Blue Run Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund.

Responsibilities:

     * We are looking to add a dynamic, self-motivated software engineer to
help us build web-based internal tools to analyze and track our site traffic
and user behaviors. Aside from solid OOD and programming skills, this position
requires superior written and verbal communications skills, problem solving
skills, and ability to take ownership and work with minimum guidelines in a
fast pace environment. This position offers excellent opportunity for growth
within a later-stage, successful start-up, and you will be working with some
of the Bay Area's smartest software engineers!

Requirements:

     * BS in Computer Science or relevant work experience
     * 0-3+ years of industry experience, will consider fresh graduates with
strong internships, co-op or open source contributions
     * Strong object oriented skills to design and implement complex
object-oriented abstractions
     * Demonstrated skills in front-end web development, expertise in
JavaScript/HTML/CSS, including familiarity with JavaScript frameworks (jQuery,
MochiKit, YUI, Dojo, etc.), experience contributing to UI design a plus
     * Experience with Python, Ruby, C++, or other object-oriented language to
develop backend-business logic layer
     * Experience writing fast SQL queries to handle large volume of data a plus
     * Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail,
desire to learn, excel, and contribute

Bonus:

     * HTML, JavaScript
     * SQL
     * Likes to build UI

If you are interested in this position, please apply at:

http://www.jobscore.com/jobs/slide/webbasedinternaltoolssoftwaredeveloper/aLfbTA6POr3QH9eJe4aGWH