[Baypiggies] [JOB] Software Engineer, Cloud Fabric Team, Nimbula Inc.

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Fri Jul 2 00:12:39 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Girish Kalele <girish at nimbula.com> wrote:
> Degree in Computer Science a must.

Heh, pity, my degree was in EE (even though my wikipedia entry used to
erroneously describe me as a "computer scientist", even that was
recently and blissfully corrected to "computer engineer";-).  "a must"
means that you don't care what I may have done in the thirty years
since I got that MSEE, of course (no company worth working for would
ever call something "a must" if it isn't a MUST, right?-).

I will refrain from actually expressing my opinion about this kind of
CS-snobism (which unfortunately seems to pervade so many places these
days) as this is a family-friendly mailing list and I doubt I could
keep my terminology within those bounds;-).

Alex