[Baypiggies] [JOB] Software Engineer, Cloud Fabric Team, Nimbula Inc.

Jeff Enderwick jeff.enderwick at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 08:40:41 CEST 2010

Maybe it was a carefully crafted test to see if job seekers without CS
degrees were sharp enough to surmise that equivalent knowledge would be
likely acceptable. Very smart; effectively implementing a filter by *not*
adding Aahz' missing text (I smell a business process patent for that HR
manager!)  ;-).

In my very limited experience, hiring managers don't spend the time to
engineer these requirements to such a degree. If you see a job posting that
you like then you just go for it. If they're smart, then they hire you
anyway. If they're stiff, then you are likely better off not being there.

I may have a skewed sample set, but it seems that every (non-goog?) job
solicitation posted to this list gets the crap beat out of it, with the
biggest magnet being that series of Chomp postings (okay, I admit it - I
took part in those :-). In all seriousness, these may be good
companies/people trying to hire? $.02...