[Baypiggies] Google app engine /google app account for baypiggies.net ?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jul 14 22:58:56 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010, William Deegan wrote:

> I'm not suggesting that we move baypiggies.net to Google apps.  I'm
> suggesting setting up a Google apps account.  That way Google app
> engine can be used to host domains such as reviews.baypiggies.net And
> additionally if the GAE logic needed to send out emails, it could have
> a baypiggies.net return address.  I'd like to try setting up GAE based
> book review.

That seems fine.  My one concern lies with the fact that so much of the
Google ecosystem requires a Google login (although I despise Paypal, at
least it doesn't force you to login like Google Checkout does, as I
learned recently).  I really want to avoid making any significant part of
baypiggies.net require a Google login (I know I'm not the only person who
avoids Google logins).

"....Normal is what cuts off your sixth finger and your tail..."  --Siobhan