[Baypiggies] Production users of Django?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Jul 24 04:40:58 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010, Jeff Fischer wrote:

> To give you a little more background, I have a stealth mode startup in the
> cloud infrastructure space. We are looking at whether we want to have a
> product targeted toward Django, perhaps similar to how Engine Yard and
> similar companies target Ruby on Rails. We are partial toward Python as much
> of our infrastructure is written in Python and we think the Python space is
> under-served compared to Ruby. Any feedback I get will help us to make
> decisions and to justify Django as a valid target market to investors (who
> generally have heard of Ruby on Rails but not Python and Django).

Keep in mind that although I would agree that the Python space is less
served, there is already plenty of competition.  Google, Rackspace, and
Webfaction come to mind for different segments of it.  You'll need to be
careful how you differentiate your offering(s).

"....Normal is what cuts off your sixth finger and your tail..."  --Siobhan