[Baypiggies] VMware - Python Sr Web Developer

Brooke Anderson (c) brooke at vmware.com
Mon Jun 21 23:17:14 CEST 2010

Hi Bay Area Python Users Group,

VMware is currently seeking a Python expert for a full-time opportunity in Palo Alto.

We are looking for someone has a strong love for Web Developing and programming who can play a critical role in our huge development infrastructure!

In this position you would build and maintain core infrastructure tools through web development (using python-based frameworks like Django) as well as develop and enhance SCM applications built over Perforce, git and SVN version control systems.

You will develop new (and re-write existing) SCM applications from perl to python to improve Developer productivity. You will get the opportunity to improve all of the apps and develop and design your own ideas on the SCM apps! You will automate all processes around Perforce and integrate existing tools with git.

As you can tell, this is a pure programmer and web developer role. If you want to contribute your own development processes and directly affect the productivity of thousands of developers by improving all of our apps and automate processes, then this is the role for you!

You would have your fingers on the pulse of what we feel will revolutionize how we all do computing in the future.

What your "playground" would look like: Our Build environment currently has 400 build machines "and growing", and we work with 3500 users, 28,000 clients, on 1000 branches on virtually all of the VMware products. There are 700 Gig under source control (5 million files); we are using 11 separate Perforce installations in CM, 15 proxy servers, 12 physical servers, 6 Virtual Machines for automation and monitoring, with over 2 Terabytes of physical RAM to give you idea of the size, scope and scale of our environment. I hope this information piques your interest!

The Job Description is pasted below my contact information, so you can take a look.

As you can probably tell, we look for people who aren't satisfied with just turning a crank, but who take ownership of what they work on, creating new ways to independently improve the overall infrastructure systems.

Basically, this is an opportunity for a roll-up-your-sleeves, imaginative and independent engineer with leadership skills to work on some of the most ambitious projects in Silicon Valley!

Brooke L. Anderson
R&D Sourcing
brooke at vmware.com<mailto:your.email at vmware.com>
O: 512.568.3741