[Baypiggies] Google I/O pass raffle contest

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 00:23:55 CET 2010

hey all, i just got wind of this contest from the Google I/O team.
they're giving away several passes if you can answer some quiz
questions correctly.

RULES:
This contest closes 9am PST, Thursday, March 4nd. It is meant to be a
promotion for the local developer community in Silicon Valley, so
please do not tweet or blog widely... unless you want more
competition. :-)

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.  A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCE OF
WINNING.  THIS IS A CONTEST OF SKILL.  VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.  Contest
is open in all countries except Italy, Brazil, Quebec, Cuba, Iran,
Syria, North Korea, Sudan, or Myanmar (Burma),  18 years and older.
To play, and for Official Rules, including odds, judging criteria and
prize descriptions, visit
http://sites.google.com/site/iopassgiveaway/terms-and-conditions.
Sponsor: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA
94043

Limit one entry per person and maximum of one pass can be awarded per
person. Google will not cover airfare or other travel costs associated
with attending Google I/O.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CONTEST:

We're doing a small contest for the local community and the developer
organizations that we work with regularly around Silicon Valley. We
will be giving away 5 passes to our annual developer conference,
Google I/O. To get more information about Google I/O, visit
http://code.google.com/events/io/2010/ and follow @googleio on
Twitter.

To enter the contest, please visit
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEpLZDlKcDUwdEZRcjlYdXh6WXQ5VUE6MQ
and answer all the questions. If more than five people answer all the
questions correctly, the judges will choose the winners based on the
free-form 'essay' question. The winners will be notified via email by
6pm PST on Friday, March 5th.

The essay will be judged on the following criteria:
 - How well the essay expresses the benefit that attending Google I/O
will give the entrant as a coder;
 - How well the essay expresses the potential benefit to the entrant’s
local developer community if the entrant were to attend;
 - Humor;
 - Creativity; and
 - 'Googleyness'

good luck!
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com