[Baypiggies] Unlinking symlinks

Keith Dart keith at dartworks.biz
Sat May 1 02:02:01 CEST 2010

=== On Fri, 04/30, Glen Jarvis wrote: ===
> As everyone can see why I wanted to get an *absolute exact* answer on
> this... This is *not* a mistake I can make :(  Just doing a tests
> aren't sufficient for this situation :( It's like doing proof in our
> math class... We need it to be true for all cases, and not just a
> single case...
===

That is very interesting. I wouldn't have expected that. FYI, the Apple
man page is here:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man7/symlink.7.html#//apple_ref/doc/man/7/symlink

It doesn't say anything about that trailing slash behavior.

This is a good example of why you always need to test things out. :-)
Also, it's a good idea to develop and test on the same platform that
you deploy on.

-- Keith Dart

--
Keith Dart