[Baypiggies] Follow-up: Events past and present

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Fri May 14 03:36:38 CEST 2010

>> if you're going to table this to Oct, you might as well propose this
>> as a session at the silicon valley codecamp:
>> http://siliconvalley-codecamp.com ... submissions are open, even if
>> it's only May.
>
> I reviewed Code Camp. This is *brilliant* Their philosophy of free and never
> during a work-day -- exactly the philosophy I've been trying to follow. I
> really like that they gave suggestions to the presenters:
> http://siliconvalley-codecamp.com/Presenters.aspx
> I don't see how to submit a presentation, but I'll work on it. And, this
> should be enough time to plan for in October.

register -> login -> click "Program" -> click "Submit Session"

> Actually, if you're doing this course, I can do Django only -- and, since
> it's my first time presenting there, it's better not to bite off more than I
> can chew.. I usually keep my mouth too full anyhow.
> If you do the Python course, can we make it a prerequisite for the Django
> introduction?

it's not a course... it's a 1-hr cram session. think "the matrix". :-)
i can add it as a prereq to the description, but you need to do the
same for the Django one.

also, i think someone did a Django one last year, so you need to
submit first. :-)  on the website should be links to both the 2008 and
2009 codecamps so u can see what talks were given.

> Possibly we can review material and make certain it's complimentary...
> If you're doing both a Python and Django presentation, I'd be *very* happy
> to do a subversion course....  It seems more applicable to the crowd --
> (everyone needs source control of some kind -- regardless of which language
> they write in)....

you can do both. i won't be doing a django one. i'll just keep on
doing the ones that i have been doing the past few years. :-)

good luck!
-- wesley
"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
    http://withdjango.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com