[Baypiggies] Job: Python Web Engineer, BitTorrent, Inc.

Justin Knoll jknoll at bittorrent.com
Wed May 19 20:02:34 CEST 2010

Hello List,
BitTorrent is looking for a Python Web Engineer. The official job description is below. If you have any questions about the position or BitTorrent, feel free to contact me directly. To apply, email jobs at bittorrent.com as indicated below. Thanks!

We seek a candidate with experience with:
	• Python
	• Pylons, Model-View-Controller Frameworks
	• Designing Scalable Web Applications
	• RESTful Web Services
	• Low level understanding of HTTP
	• Cloud Computing, particularly Amazon Web Services, including EC2, SimpleDB, ELB, etc.
	• Modern JavaScript, Ajax

You will be working on developing the next generation of web-enabled BitTorrent services in close concert with the client development team. The challenges of the project are many, including creating a new BitTorrent user experience, building a highly available and scalable Web service, and ensuring the privacy of a potentially very large number of transactions.

To apply: please send resume and links to example code/sites to jobs at bittorrent.com. Please, no agencies. This is not a contract. Individuals only.