[Baypiggies] Senior Software Engineer at online game analytics start-up

Shawn Jeffery srjeffery at gmail.com
Thu May 20 00:35:54 CEST 2010

Hi all!

I'm with Turiya Media, a recently launched start-up in San Francisco that
builds software for predictive data mining in online games.  We are looking
for a senior software engineer to help build all aspects of our technology.
 We are primarily a Python shop - its flexibility allows us to use the same
technology across our different technical challenges. One day you could be
implementing a Support Vector Machine algorithm for predicting user behavior
in Python + R, the next day scaling it using Hadoop (in Python via
HadoopStreaming) on Amazon EC2, and on the third day building a Web-based
application for data visualization using Django. Our team is talented, but
small, so there are many opportunities for you to own large pieces of the
technology.

What you'll do: Anything and everything technical, possibly including (but
not limited to)
- Work with a team of statistical modelers to build software systems for
data analysis
- Architect/deploy/maintain a cloud-based infrastructure for large-scale
data storage and processing
- Build and run a suite of online applications for game publishers
- Help define product, build the team, setup internal
networking, participate in happy hours, enjoy start-up life, etc.

What we want:
- Passion for technology and excitement to build a technology company from
the ground-up
- Expertise in multiple programming languages such as Python and Java
- Love of data and data-related technologies: MySQL, Map Reduce, Hive, Pig
R, etc.
- Prior work with with "cloud" technologies - e.g., EC2, S3, etc
- Knowledge of statistical modeling, data mining, or machine learning a huge
plus
- Experience with Web development (Django, Rails, etc) a bonus
- Ability to react quickly to shifting needs
- Previous startup experience (redundant with the previous bullet)
- Background or prior experience in online gaming is a plus

What we offer:
- A position at an early stage company in one of the hottest areas
of technology
- Salary, benefits and equity competitive for an early stage start-up

If you're interested, contact me directly (shawnj - at - turiyamedia.com) or
our general jobs email (recruiting - at - turiyamedia.com)

Thanks!
-Shawn