[Baypiggies] [ANN:Py4Science at Cal] Talk November 17: soma-workflow: an interface to parallel computing resources

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:23:31 CET 2010

Hi folks,

we have a shifted-by-a-week talk, this time.  *This coming Wednesday,
November 17*, a visitor from the french NeuroSpin research institute
will be presenting at our meeting.

Please forward this to any interested colleagues.

Cheers,

*Py4Science at Cal meeting*

Speaker:
 Soizic Laguitton, CEA NeuroSpin, France

Title:
 soma-workflow: an interface to parallel computing resources

Abstract:
 The research led in NeuroSpin involves a high demand for computing
resources. Various resources are available, such as desktops, clusters
or computing centers. However, the use of high performance resources
remains scarce because of the lack of unified and simple tool to
access them. Within the BrainVISA project we are developing a Python
interface to parallel computing resources. The application, named
soma-workflow, connects to existing distributed resource management
systems using implementations of DRMAA (Distributed Resource
Management Application API). It provides a simple access to local or
remote resources through a Python API or a graphical user interface.
Soma-workflow was designed to manage data transfers and to cope with
user disconnections. During the talk, I will explain the motivations
and choices we made in the development of soma-workflow, I will also
present an overview of its architecture, API and GUI.

When: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 2pm.

Where: 508-20 Evans Hall (Redwood Center conference room)

For more information: https://cirl.berkeley.edu/view/Py4Science/WebHome