[Baypiggies] urllib2 query

Isaac hyperneato at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:18:54 CET 2010

Setup a caching proxy and acquire the last-modified header from the http
proxy server. Then, here is a demonstration of a conditional GET request:

http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=122&thread=15024

download the file from the proxy if the last-modified header is newer than
yours on disk.

HTH