[Baypiggies] Job Opportunity @ Chomp!

Rachel Morrissey rachel at chomp.com
Mon Nov 29 22:16:53 CET 2010

Hi All,
My name is Rachel and I am a team member at Chomp (not a recruiter! :) ). We
are currently looking for a Python engineer to take over the ownership of
our crawler development. I'd love to chat with you further about what we're
working on if you're interested. I can be reached at rachel at chomp.com.
Thanks!

*Job Description*

*Responsibilities:*

   - owning design and development of the Chomp crawler
   - ensuring timeliness of crawled information
   - extending the crawler to other app platforms
   - ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get
   things done quickly

*Requirements:*

   - lots of experience writing raw Python code
   - experience with task-queues and multi-processor applications
   - regex wizard
   - experience with building a web crawler highly desirable
   - will consider contract or full time, telecommute is ok

A little more about Chomp:

Chomp is an app discovery product that helps users find the best mobile
apps. It combines a unique search engine that lets you search for apps based
on what they do rather than what they're called, with intelligent
recommendations based on your browsing and purchase history. We're solving
some really challenging problems in information retrieval, natural language
processing and machine learning.

Apple is currently seeing more than 1 billion apps being downloaded on
iPhone & iPod touch every 60 days. As a result, we think that what we are
building is going to be an incredibly important product for the future of
app discovery not just on iPhone but on all app platforms that matter. If
you want to try Chomp out, please download it from the iPhone app store.
Chomp is backed by top tier Silicon Valley VC's and has assembled a killer
team coming from companies such as Google, Yahoo, Yelp and Admob.

--
Rachel C. Morrissey
Office Manager @ Chomp!

facebook.com/chomp