[Baypiggies] Meetings at SurveyMonkey

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Sep 4 14:22:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010, Alexandre Conrad wrote:

> Just a quick note: as some of you may know, I just moved to Silicon
> Valley from Paris France. I had the chance to meet a few of you at the
> last BayPIGgies meeting. I want to mention that I just got a job at
> SurveyMonkey - I started this week - and as we are heavy Python users,
> we are willing to host BayPIGgies meetings, and maybe even sponsor
> with free food for everyone! SurveyMonkey is on Hamilton Avenue,
> downtown Palo Alto. It's a 5 minutes walk from Palo Alto Caltrain
> station and we have a nice place. I think this would be a great to
> host BayPIGgies once in a while. If you are interested, let me know, I
> will see what I can arrange for us.

Thanks!  I don't really have an opinion myself, but in the past there
has been pushback on using multiple meeting locations because of the
confusion about where each meeting will be.

Also, although it would be nice for public transit to be an option,
downtown Palo Alto is mildly car-unfriendly.  On the whole, I probably
would be slightly more likely to attend a meeting there.

Can you tell us a bit more about the facility?  How many people can you
comfortably handle?

"...if I were on life-support, I'd rather have it run by a Gameboy than a
Windows box."  --Cliff Wells