[Baypiggies] Interactive Visualization with Python

Abhishek Pratap abhishek.vit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:19:56 CEST 2011

Hi Guys

I am just getting started with Python and coming from the perl background I
am loving the neatness in the language. To give myself some incentive to
learn py more quickly, I am wondering if there is a nice visualization
toolkit I could use.  My requirements are as follows.

1. Scalable to render very big datasets ( ~ 1-5 million rows)
2. If possible some interactivity with the plots would be wonderful
3. Could be put on web if needed.

If you guys could suggest a nice library/toolkit in python that could help
me with the above points, it would sure help me climb the learning ladder
faster.

Thanks a lot!
-Abhi