[Baypiggies] Baypiggies- background info needed

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Apr 4 19:30:27 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apress wants to put a small paragraph in their newsletter about Baypiggies.
>
> I need a little background information on the group.
>
> When was the group first formed?
> I remember going to the meetings at Stanford, I will assume those meetings
> were pretty close to the beginning. That was in 2005-2006.

It's way older. The wayback machine has this as the earliest snapshot
of baypiggies.net:

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20021116080721/http://www.baypiggies.net/

> Does anybody know how many members were currently have?

The list has nearly 800 addresses.

> I'd speculate 100-200 even though we only see ~20 at the meetings.

What happened? When I last visited (3 years ago?) I recall it was more
like 50-80. Even in the old Stanford years (run by Danny Yoo) I think
I saw 30-50.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)