[Baypiggies] Baypiggies- background info needed

Simeon Franklin simeonf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:41:50 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

>  * at about the same time as the change of meeting
> >  place, a few python interest groups were established
> >  in San Franciso, and it's likely a few baypiggies
> >  attendees shifted their schedules to those groups.
>
> I'd be interested in knowing about those SF Python interest groups (I
> don't see them as competing, they would just seem to be more local).

There is an SF Python meetup that I believe Grace Law organizes (
http://www.meetup.com/sfpython/). Note that the review on the front page
says:

"[snip] ... Meetings are way easier to get to than the Google Meetups in
Mountain View. "

Which is perhaps a reference to Baypiggies? Also of interest to some is the
San Francisco Django Meetup (
http://www.meetup.com/The-San-Francisco-Django-Meetup-Group/) which competes
for me in the sense that I can only afford the time to drive to the Bay Area
for a few events a month. If I go to the Django Meetup I probably skip
Baypiggies...

-regards
Simeon Franklin