[Baypiggies] Baypiggies- background info needed

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 4 23:34:33 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Jimmy Retzlaff <jimmy at retzlaff.com> wrote:
> I think I started attending regularly at Stanford in 2001 or 2002.

Hi Jimmy,

It's been a long time!

According to my fragmented records, Wesley Chun and I restarted the
group meetings in 2002.  I remember the first in-person meet I had
with Wesley: it was at the Borders in Palo Alto, and he didn't
recognize me holding a Python book, and thought I was just another kid
student.  :)

But after that meeting, I asked my boss for permission to host it at
my workplace, and to my pleasant surprise, she said yes!  We hosted it
at the Carnegie Institution of Washington in Stanford until 2006,
after which it relocated (and I went to grad school).