[Baypiggies] Bup creator to give present Apr 9 at 2:30 PM in SF

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Thu Apr 7 22:57:52 CEST 2011

Hi everyone

Bup "it backs things up" is a new tool that
does efficient sub-file deduplication and
compression suitable for disk-to-disk or
disk-to-remote-host backups.

It's based python and git the rolling-checksum
concept that makes rsync transfers so efficient.
It does sub-file deduplication, even of large
binaries.

Bup has no user-friendly graphical UI yet- this
will be more about the technology and the
commandline interface.

This is sure to be interesting, especially if you are
familiar with git and hashes and data compression
algorithms.

Avery will be in town in about a week and has
agreed to give a presentation, and we've scheduled
it for Saturday April 9 at 2:30pm at my home in SF,
a mile up the electric bus line from Embarcadero
BART/Muni station.

REF: http://apenwarr.ca/log/?m=201104#05

Those who RSVP will get the precise address and
directions.

If plan to come at that time, please RSVP togo at of.net
or tony at godshall.org with subject "bup SF" and you'll
receive the specific address and more details
on how to get here.

Please feel free to pass the details above to anyone you think might
be interested.

Best Regards

Tony