[Baypiggies] your PyCon talk

Minesh B. Amin mamin at mbasciences.com
Tue Apr 12 23:04:01 CEST 2011

Hi Folks,

If there is interest, I can sign up for a talk on
"Parallel Management Patterns (PMPs)" (April 28).

  determining the solution, PMPs are a framework
  for decomposing and authoring scalable, fault
  tolerant parallel capabilities that span the
  entire spectrum of parallel solutions from coarse
  grain on one end to fine-grain on the other.

  In this talk, we will cover six PMPs that can be
  leveraged to exploit parallelism across servers, cores
  and GPUs.

  The examples to be discussed will leverage:
    + OpenMPI
    + multi-processing module
    + PyCuda
    + SPM.Python (will be strictly technical in nature)

As an aside, my original intention was to conduct an
Open Space at PyCon on this topic; unfortunately, could
not take care of the logistics in time. The Pycon proposal
can be found @
   http://us.pycon.org/2011/openspaces/ParallelManagementPatterns

   Please skip the section titled "The last 40 minutes or so" :)

Regards,
Minesh