[Baypiggies] Perl vs Python debate live from OSCON 2011

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 5 05:45:50 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011, Venkatraman S wrote:

> In short, language wars are boring, IMHO.

Maybe so, but I've been programming for thirty-five years, and I find
every language other than Python painful.  I thank Guido daily for
creating Python.  And, no, I am not exaggerating in the slightest.

My point is that language wars may be boring, but there are real
differences between languages and language wars are one way that people
get information about them.

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it."  --Dijkstra